We are seeking to recruit up to two 12-month pupils for a pupillage commencing in October 2022. Chambers is no longer a member of the Pupillage Gateway, and applications will only be accepted via the process outlined here.
Timetable for applications
As of 1st November 2020, all pupillage providers (‘AETOs’) are required to comply with a centralised timetable. The timetable for applications this year will be:
Vacancy advertisements published on Pupillage Gateway: Friday 27th November 2020
Applications open: Monday 4th January 2021 at 11am
Deadline for paper applications: Monday 8th February 2021 at 11am
(Please note that we cannot accept applications submitted before the opening date, or after the deadline)
Invites to first round interviews: w/c 15th March 2021
First Round Interviews: split across two Saturdays in March (exact dates to be confirmed)
Final Round Interviews: on a Saturday in mid to late April (exact date to be confirmed)
Offer date: Friday 7th May 2021 at 9am
Once you receive an offer of pupillage, you have a period of 7 days in which to consider the offer and speak to a member of the pupillage committee if you have any queries.
How to apply
- Our application form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- When saving the application form on your computer and submitting it to chambers, please use the following naming format: “FirstName Surname Pupillage Application 2022”
- Please complete all applicable fields in the format, being careful to observe word limits where indicated. A failure to comply with the word limit will result in your application being disregarded.
- Once you have completed your application, please submit it to email@example.com with the subject line “FirstName Surname Pupillage Application 2022”.
- Application which are submitted after the deadline, for whatever reason, will not be considered.
Further information about the application process, selection criteria and life as a pupil at Foundry Chambers can be found in our ‘12 Month Pupillage’ document.
Equality and Diversity
Foundry Chambers is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity and fulfilling its equality and diversity obligations. Our application process is carried out in accordance with the principles set out in the Bar Council’s Fair Recruitment Guide.
All candidates are invited to complete our Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form, which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page, and submit it with your application. These forms allow us to monitor our recruitment processes. However, there is no obligation to complete this form and it does not form part of the application process. The forms are anonymised before any data is used, and those involved in the recruitment process do not see the information you provide.
All applications are held in accordance with Foundry Chambers’ Privacy Statement (www.foundrychambers.com/privacy-statement/).